Wednesday, November 08, 2006
No swatch, No Gauge Mittens for Kids
Intended for Charity Knitting
"Every pair will fit some child!"
Materials needed: Yarn and double point needles to make a dense fabric of 4-6 stitches per inch. The mittens pictured used the following needles and yarns:
1. Worsted weight yarn, Size 5 needles.
2. Two strands of fingering weight yarn held together, Size 4 needles.
3. 3-ply tapestry yarn, Size 6 needles (with a simple knit and purl pattern stitch).
4. One strand fingering weight, one strand sport weight held together, Size 5 needles.
5. Worsted weight yarn, Size 5 needles
6. Heavy worsted weight yarn, Size 6 needles
7. 3-ply tapestry yarn, Size 6 needles
Download the pattern here